Happy Sunday! I hope you had a fantastic weekend - I had some head shots taken yesterday that I'm pretty excited about :) But today it's time for the Sunday Social!
1. Tell us about the family you grew up in: Well, I have amazing parents. They fell in love at 16, married at 18, and had me right after graduating college (the first in each of their immediate families to do so). They had my sister less than two years later. By the time my parents were 30, they'd had two children, built a business (my dad opened his own accounting firm with a business partner), and built a house on land they'd purchased. So they definitely set a great example! Since I didn't marry until 28, I guess that means I have 10 years to get to everything else they did, right? ;)
2. Tell us about your husband: It's still a little weird that I have a husband, y'all! But he's pretty amazing. We met at a bar (gasp!) where he was riding bulls. He is strong, hardworking, and incredibly sweet. He's a volunteer firefighter in our small town, which means giving up his time (and often sleep) to save lives. I'm still amazed me that this 6'2 blonde hair, blue eyed man four years younger than me swept me off my feet, but I'm glad he did!
3. Tell us about your children (or fur children): No kids yet! My cousin's daughter actually asked me last weekend where my babies were. I told her we didn't have any, and she informed me that we should fix that. Not yet, my dear! But we do have a cat and a dog. Coco is around 7 years old and Winchester is 16 weeks. I adopted Coco from an animal shelter in Dallas back in 2008; I went there to rescue this giant black cat that I'd seen online that only had a few days left. But that cat hissed and tried to bite me! Coco was meowing softly in her cage, and I knew she was mine. She was small but not a kitten, chocolate brown, and so rough looking. I couldn't take her home that day, but I showed up at the shelter when they opened the next day and adopted her! She's been with me every since. And I've already told Winchester's story, so go check it out if you're interested.
4. Tell us about your best friends: My best friends are pretty much all from my highschool/college days! Unfortunately, none of them live nearby. The closest one is still an hour away, so in person hang outs don't happen too often. Google hangouts, email, and snapchat keep us connected, and when we do see each other in person, we have a blast!
5. Tell us about any other special people in your life: Way to put me on the spot! I'm sure there are lots of other special people, but I don't want to single anyone out. So I'll just turn the question to you, readers. Who are the most special people in your lives?