*Not a sponsored post. I'm just obsessed with Audible.*
You’ve heard of Audible by now, right? Most of you are probably nodding, but for the one person out there who hasn’t, let me explain. Audible is a company that produces and sells “spoken word entertainment”. Meaning, it’s the place to go for cheap audiobooks!
How cheap? Well, that depends. The best way to go is to subscribe to Audible. Currently I pay $14.95 a month, which gives me one free credit to use on any audiobook I want, plus a 30% discount on any other audiobook and access to their member-only sales. Most audiobooks that aren’t on sale will cost more than $14.95, so basically you are paying for one book a month plus all the benefits of the membership.
Why is Audible awesome?
- They offer tons of books. From the classics to the new releases, I promise you will find something you like.
- They constantly offer deals and discounts. As a member you get 30% off any title, but there are also Daily Deals plus regular sales like their recent First in a Series sale. You could pretty much avoid paying full price for an audiobook forever!
- You can listen to the book at different speeds. I only recently discovered this feature, and I love it. Some books move too slowly for me, so I like to kick things up a notch :)
- You can check out reviews of the author & the narrator. The narrator is super important, because they can make or break a book. Always listen to a preview to make sure you can stand the narrator’s voice. But if you happen to buy one that you end up hating…
- You can return a book if you don’t like it! No questions asked. I did this with two that I bought early on in my Audible experience and it was super easy.
If that sounds like something you are interested in, then you should try out the 30 day trial Audible is offering right now. Because you don’t just get 30 days for free, you also get 2 free audiobooks! I’ve been a fan of Audible for almost a year now, and I’m still loving it. In fact, I barely listen to the radio anymore. As soon as I get in my car, I start Audible so I can jump back into the story. I'm currently listening to The Fiery Cross, but I have about 5 or 6 in my queue. I also have a couple of credits I should use! (Pro tip: when spending your credits, choose wisely. I usually buy an Outlander book with mine, because those books can cost up to $60!)
My favorite audiobook to date has been Yes Please! by Amy Poehler, but I also really enjoyed Unbroken. Amy Poehler narrated her own book (with help from some other celebs) and Edward Herrman narrated unbroken so it was like listening to Rory's grandfather read me a story.
Are you an audiobook listener? Why or why not? And if you are, any amazing recommendations I should know about?
As I said, not a sponsored post. It does include affiliate links, so if you are interested then click on through to support Mrs Robbins Sparkles. Because Squarespace does not accept glitter for payment.
Previously on Mrs Robbins Sparkles...